- All orders are accepted subject to these terms and conditions.
- When you place an order, you will receive an order confirmation email from us after Checkout has been completed.
- Your order will be delivered within five working days. All orders are checked at the time they are placed, and you would be notified in the event that your delivery was going to take any longer. If you have a delivery deadline, please telephone Customer Services on 0845 2415 245 to discuss your requirements.
- When you're filling out your Delivery Address details, please remember we need an address where someone will be there to receive the order - our carrier makes a charge for repeat delivery attempts if no-one is available - or alternatively please give instructions where the delivery may be safely left, preferably under cover.
- We deliver throughout the United Kingdom except the Scilly Isles. All orders are subject to a delivery charge according to the rates detailed on the Delivery page.
- Deliveries to remote or offshore destinations have a higher delivery charge, and may take a few days longer to arrive. (See FAQ)
- We make strenuous efforts to ensure our delivery schedules are adhered to, but in the event of any delivery delays for reasons beyond our control we do not accept financial responsibility for any costs or losses incurred.
- The products we sell may contain allergenic ingredients (for example, gluten or lactose). Full allergen information and lists of ingredients are provided in the Technical Specification accessed from each product's page.
- Although we go to great lengths to ensure safe and sound packaging, the fragile nature of some of the products means that some transit damage may occasionally occur. We ask our customers to make allowance for this in order to have the benefit and convenience of on-line ordering. It's a good idea to allow slightly over when calculating the quantities required.
- In the event of serious or excessive damage, please contact us as we will require full details in order to make a claim against the carrier. Our liability is limited to the value of the goods and the delivery charge.
- In the event of dissatisfaction, we offer a no-quibble money-back guarantee on complete unopened cases provided we are notified within 5 days of receiving your delivery: simply give us a call if you are not satisfied. We may ask for the original goods to be returned, and our liability is limited to the cost of the goods supplied.
- We reserve the right to discontinue or change products without prior notification.
- We are committed to protecting your privacy. The information we collect about you through the on-line shop or through your registering for the Newsletter will only be used by us in accordance with the requirements of the 1998 Data Protection Act, GDPR and the recommendations of the Which? Web Trader Code Of Practice.
- We are a fully licenced Alcohol retailer under the licensing act 2003. Our premises licence number is PL05199
We do not sell alcohol to anyone who isn't 18 years old or over. By placing an order you confirm that you are at least 18 years old. If you are buying alcohol as a gift - the recipient must also be over 18 years old. If our couriers are in any doubt about the age of the recipient on delivery, they will request some form of ID. If the person receiving the alcohol is unable to produce appropriate ID, the courier will be unable to leave the order.
Privacy & GDPR
We take data protection and information security very seriously. Our privacy statement below highlights why we collect certain data information, what we collect, how we use it and how long we store it. We also want you to know how you can access, amend or in some cases delete your information.
Food Angles handles all information supplied to us by our customers and registered users of our website with the utmost care and confidence. We use computer security measures including firewalls, strong passwords and data encryption to keep your information stored safely on a highly secure server. All physical copies of data are stored in a locked safe and may only be accessed by authorised personnel who require that access to fulfil their job responsibilities.
We will handle your personal information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances described below).
All information provided to us is held securely and protected under strict security measures to prevent unauthorised access. We will not sell or rent your personal data to other parties.
Our site-wide EV Pro SSL certificate uses ECC (Elliptical Curve Cryptography), the most powerful encryption algorithm in existence, with 64,000 times stronger encryption and full authentication. Website Scanning: With automatic daily malware and weekly website vulnerability assessment. Our Secure Site SSL certificate using 256-bit encryption and 3 algorithms plus extended validation secures transactions and sensitive data.
Food Angles accepts most major credit and debit payment cards on our website.
Please note that Food Angles does not store any of your financial details.
A quick introduction to GDPR:
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a regulation by which the European Parliament, the Council of the European Union and the European Commission intend to strengthen and unify data protection for all individuals within the European Union (EU). It enforces laws based on a set of principles that businesses which handle personal data of EU citizens should follow.
These fundamental principles state that personal data should be:
- 1. Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject.
- 2. Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes.
- 3. Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- 4. Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- 5. Kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed.
- 6. Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
Knowing your data
Food Angles requires very little personal data from its customers; we do however need the following to create an account for you to access the Food Angles system: –
Your data will always be held securely and in line with the requirements of UK Data Protection/GDPR Legislation. By communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to other companies or individuals.
Other data we capture
We collect anonymous information sent by your browser when you visit our websites, including IP address, visited page/category, geographic location, referrer, operating system, duration, landing URL, search keyword and browser version.
Social media information – If you choose to engage with us via social media i.e. tweet us for support, follow us or directly engage with a post, eg like, retweet etc, we will capture your public social media information.
System usage – we log your usage of Food Angles systems using 3rd party software called ‘Google Analytics’ this helps us to identify system issues and to make improvements to our solutions.
We collect data that you have sent to us through online customer surveys, event registration forms, contact us or career enquiries.
Should you disclose your personal data when opting into our mailing list, we hold your name and email address solely for the purpose of sending you emails in your professional capacity with your employer. Our lawful basis for sending these emails is our legitimate interest in promoting our products and services. We have conducted a legitimate interest assessment to establish that this does not pose a significant risk to the professionals receiving these emails.
3rd Party Software Providers
We use some carefully selected 3rd party software providers to aid us with the running of Food Angles, we have reviewed each provider to ensure they comply with UK Data Protection and GDPR Legislation.
We may use a number of services, listed below, for advertising based on your web activity, or remarketing. We use this to show adverts to visitors that have been to our websites, on Google, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other participating websites. Your anonymous browsing behaviour may in turn be shared by the following partners as outlined in their privacy statements. We do not share any personal information with these vendors.
Google Adwords, Doubleclick and Google’s display adverts.
Email Marketing and Direct Mail - if you are a customer, partner, or prospect we may use your business contact information and business address to send you marketing communications such as email marketing and direct mail. We may also send you product, company news and service updates that are relevant to your use of our website, products and services. We will process this information for legitimate business purposes stated above.
If you do not wish to receive email marketing content from us, you can opt-out using our unsubscribe button at the base of every email we send. If you do not wish to receive telemarketing or direct marketing from us, please email email@example.com.
For all marketing communications, new users will have to opt-in to receive them, this includes our monthly newsletters.
We will continue to provide an option to opt out from marketing communications; this opt-out option is located in the footer area of every marketing email we send.
Our account customers can use their administration area on our website to make changes including opting in and out of marketing communications at any time.
Vendors that collect anonymous data on our behalf
Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to analyse the performance of our websites and follow up on the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. Google Analytics allow us to analyse data in aggregate, we do not collect or store any personal information in Google Analytics. If you would like to opt-out of Google Analytics monitoring your behaviour on our sites please use this link (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/)
Business Intelligence - We use business intelligence software to identify companies visiting our website/s and what pages visitors from those companies have viewed. Gathering data from publically available data sources.
Keeping your data
We store your data on our secure servers using encryption for security purposes, and this data is stored while you have an active account with us, for you to access the Food Angles systems.
If you cancel your Food Angles account, your user data is removed from the system. The company details are de-activated and archived to allow for easy re-activation, but specific personal data is not.
Your Rights: Access Requests & Unsubscribe Options
Opt-Out: You can choose to opt out of marketing communications at any time, regardless if you are a customer, partner, or none of the above.
Access Requests: You can request a copy of your personal information and you can update any incorrect information.
Right to be Forgotten: You can ask to have your personal information removed, or in some cases limit our processing of personal information. This does not apply when we need to keep your information for legal reasons.
If you do not wish to receive telemarketing or direct marketing from us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Food Angles is the Data Controller of any data you supply. Food Angles takes data privacy and security of our customers very seriously, and we are committed to ensuring we comply with the highest standards of data security.
We do have the right to charge an administration fee for this request and can also ask for additional proof of identity to process this request. If you feel any of the data we have may be inaccurate in any way, please let us know so this can be corrected.
Access requests are to be made in writing and sent to:
Bury St Edmunds
Please note that you may be charged a fee of £12 for this service.
You may also be asked to provide proof of your identity, and for information that might help to locate the data, you are seeking.
This will be completed within 20 working days from the acquisition of this request. If you have a complaint about the way in which your personal information has been handled, we will acknowledge it within 5 working days and respond in full within 20 working days.
For any further information, please contact us on 01359 270536 or email our support team email@example.com
Data breach notification
Food Angles system itself is all accessed using secure servers using data encryption to ensure the highest security levels.
When we become aware that site security has been compromised as a result of external activity (including but not limited to external security attacks) we shall take reasonable measures which we deem appropriate. This includes but is not limited to internal investigation and reporting, and notification to and cooperation with law enforcement authorities. All affected users will be notified of this infringement within no more than 72 hours following discovery.
How long we keep information
We keep your business/personal information as long as it is warranted for us to fulfil our commitments to you, or to adhere to legal or regulatory requirements.
If you are a customer, partner or prospect, we keep information for the duration of the relationship. If you have requested to receive marketing communications, we will keep your personal information only as long as you interact with us, or until the data subject opts-out or asks to be forgotten.
Information collected through online customer surveys are kept for a maximum of 5 years. This is so we can establish year-on-year comparisons to determine trends in customer satisfaction.
Starting May 25, 2018, user and event data (associated with cookies, user identifiers, or advertising identifiers) on Google Analytics will be retained for 50 months; Google Analytics will automatically delete user and event data that is older than 50 months.